Indications of the Gasoline Spill in Church Parking Lot
Around 9:45 p.m., about 2 hours prior to the Meadows Carpet Fire, Ron unintentionally spilled gasoline in a church parking lot near 200 S 200 E, Centerville, UT, as he moved things around in the back of his pickup truck. He was there to fill water containers with water from a public water well adjacent to the parking lot. The gasoline was in an unapproved water jug. Ron was unaware that the cap of this gasoline-filled water jug couldn’t be resealed (as originally designed at the Mount Olympus bottling plant). Ron spilled some of the gasoline on himself, his clothing, and on the parking lot’s asphalt. The residual gasoline odor in his clothing made him the suspect in the fire. The spill was because of Ron’s defective pacemaker, which shocked him (not just his heart), causing a painful spasm when the pacemaker detected Ron’s increased physical exertion, to stimulate more blood delivery during the demand of that exertion.
Below are photos of where Ron spilled the gasoline. The surface asphalt was dissolved (denatured) where the spill flow occurred.
Water reenactments of the gasoline spill in church parking lot